Thursday, January 26, 2012

fluffy waffles

waffles

when I made these for dinner the other night (yes, breakfast is one of our favorite things to have for dinner), I asked the girls to tell me if these were “so fluffy they were going to die!!”

(more “despicable me”, I can’t help myself.)

they were indeed pretty fluffy.  I was told many times over the line that I wanted to hear.

waffles

1 3/4 cups flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 egg yolks

1 3/4 cups milk

1/2 cup cooking oil

2 egg whites

in one bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.  make a well in the center and set aside.

in another bowl, beat egg yolks slightly.  stir in milk and oil.  add wet mixture to the dry mixture all at once.  stir until just moistened.

in a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).  gently fold the egg whites into the batter.  make sure to leave some lumps of the beaten egg white.  do not overmix!!

bake in your waffle iron per manufacture’s instructions.

we like to set out just about everything to put on top of our waffles.  syrup, butter, jam, powdered sugar…

they are pretty fluffy!

No comments: