Wednesday, November 24, 2010

8 is great!

I can hardly believe it…

She is really 8!!

(Sniff..)

Lynn is 8! 039

Lynnie, you are more than excited to be 8, and you should be!  What a great time in your life (what a great time in ours!!).  There are so many great things that lie before you, and we are excited and so thankful to be able to share in them with you.

Lynn is 8! 020

As I went through all 468 pictures we took, of just you (and some with me), today, I kept saying prayers of thanks..

I am thankful for your spunky and silly personality..

I also cried, like, a lot.

Lynn is 8! 033

For the obedient spirit you are.

For how many times you say um and like in one sentence.

Lynn is 8! 085

For the love you show your sisters.

For how you want to sleep with them EVERY night.

Lynn is 8! 100

That you are always making me laugh!

That you know just when I need a hug.

Lynn is 8! 131

I am thankful to have been able to watch the transformation in you this last year, to see just what 8 does to a little girl like you.  To see you learn and understand so many things.  To see the excitement in your eyes when you learn something new, to see the satisfaction when you understand a new concept.

Lynn is 8! 140 

You are my helper.

(You also have your sloppy moments…  but we get over them!)

Lynn is 8! 183

You care about every ones feelings, you are such a good friend!

Your excitement for everything that happens in life makes us that much more excited.

Lynn is 8! 072

I look back, and remember the days before your birth as we were preparing for your arrival.  We were so excited (and a little sacred!), we couldn’t wait to meet you.  When I watched your little body enter this world, I had never been so thankful.  You have changed our lives. 

You made me a mother.

I am so thankful to be able to hold you in my arms everyday, kiss your sweet face, and hug and squeeze you until you beg me to stop.

Lynn is 8! 256   

We can’t wait to see what else 8 has in store for you.

Lynn is 8! 188

I love you Lynnie-lou!

Love mom.

4 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

Happy Birthday.. Hope she had a great day.. LOVE the shirt!

anniebobannie said...

I am crying! What a sweet post! She looks eight! Happy Birthday Lynn!!!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

got very teary eyed on this post! What a blessing it is to have a family..and one that will last forever! :)

Julie said...

The pictures are so fun. Happy Birthday, Lynn!