Sunday, April 11, 2010

A real life peek.

I am not quite ready for bed, thanks to that heavenly afternoon nap. 

Instead, I am looking through all the photos I took today, of Easter Part II, and trying to decide which pic I am going to submit for my manual assignment (due tomorrow).

My mind is also taking me to my to do list that will get started on first thing in the morning.  Monday is clean house day around these parts, it used to be Saturday (“Saturday is a special day…”) so the house would be ready for the Sabbath.  But then, thanks to a wise sister-in-law, I was converted to the “Clean House Monday” religion (of sorts).

Really, it doesn’t make much sense for me to get my house in tip-top condition, only to have everyone home, messing it up, for me to do it all over again on Monday.

Pain in the butt.

Don’t get me wrong, the house is tidy, just not immaculate.  We are ready for Sunday, and we do rest and take it easy, so Monday is the day when I bring it all out.

Just to give you an idea as to the condition of my house right this second:

- Lasagna pan is soaking in the sink, the dishes we ate on, in the adjoining sink.  The dishwasher needs to be emptied.

- A few errant drops of juice are stuck to the floor in the kitchen, I can find them just fine with my bare feet, but my eyes are a different story.  The steam mop will get them tomorrow.

- The loft is in need of a good vacuuming, Peyton + Cheez Its = mess!

- I have one load of towels to fold.  We had plenty for our baths last night.

- Various shoes need to be reunited with the proper owners.

- Works of art, created by my three little artists, need to be sorted, tagged,  and filed away.

I am so thankful for this weekend, that I was able to relax, and that Merrill was actually able to enjoy it with us!

We’ll get on to this mental list tomorrow..

4 comments:

anniebobannie said...

I think I will convert to the Monday Cleaning day too....Sounds better to enjoy the day with the family rather then just work...

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

I started taking the weekend off after I had Ethan. I figure, Mike and the kids get the weekend to do what they want, which usually is just bumming around..so why can't I? I love taking the weekend off. And Monday is my recovery day from taking two days off of cleaning. It's amazing how messy my house gets when I don't clean it! :)

Bonnie said...

Monday cleaning day is a great idea. Monday has always been what I considered another day of rest since Sundays can be busy, but cleaning can be restful!

Bonnie said...

oh and P.S. thanks for the real life peek. It is comforting to know that households with kids have things in common!