Monday, November 23, 2009

History Repeats Itself..

And I hate it.
I am still dizzy, not wanting to throw up anymore, thanks to some help from Brooke..
As I have spent most of the last three days, horizontal,and sipping Sprite, and thinking, trying to figure out what this nasty thing is.
In my reflecting, I realized that this has happened before.
Two times before.
First, the day after my 15th birthday.  We were playing a basketball game for Young Womens when it hit.  I don't remember much, but I do remember running into Crystal Howe, then going to my mom, and then being carried.
I was put on Meclizine and  it helped,  and I was in bed for a few days.  I remember Kevin telling me that everyone thought I was faking it.  I got so mad, I stabbed him in the arm with the cordless phone that had a telescoping antenna.
(Sorry Kev..)
The second time was after we had been married, in the old house, no kids yet, I was working at Sears.  I had to go to the doctor because it was interfering with work..  it was awful.  They took blood and ran a bunch of tests only to come back to a form of vertigo.  I was put on the same stuff but don't recall how long it took for life to resume it's normalcy.
So here we are now..  repeating the history of dizziness.
My sister-in-law, Brooke gets terribly motion sick, and has an arsenal of tried and true (and some not so true) remedies.  She was my go to girl last night when I realized all that was going on this week, and needed something to help me, fast.  She was kind enough to share her patches that were hunted-down and procured in the wonderful country of Canada.  They have helped immensely.
I love Brooke..
And Canada.. 
I am dizzy, but no longer horizontal, or running to be near the toilet.
I accomplished just about all that I needed to get done today..
- Birthday shopping..  we are threatening her with underwear, and that's it.
- Cake baked..  decorate it tomorrow.
- Groceries done..  we are having Thanksgiving TWICE this week.
- Eye doctor re-visited..  they messed-up my prescription.
So this is what it is all about today:




Thank you Brooke!
And another thanks goes out to my doorbell-ditcher.



Thank you!  :)

5 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

Wow girl I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs Ally

Zariph and Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick. Zariph had vertigo twice this year, so I've seen what you're going through. Not fun at all...I'm glad you got something to make you feel a little better. When we went to the doctor for Zariph they couldn't really give him anything to help.

Six-Pack Momma said...

I sure wish I thought of helping you like that. I hope you're feeling better. :)

Brooke said...

Seriously... thinking about being dizzy makes me feel kinda sick. I'm glad the patch is helping :)

BookwormMom said...

I've been worried about you, and haven't had any solutions...I'm glad you're doing better, and that Brooke was able to come up with something to help you!