Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday..

It was 7 years ago today that we found out Lynn was on her way...
We had decided before we got married that we would wait a couple of years before we would start our family (even though I tried to convince Merrill otherwise many times ;)..)
So we were told many times that we would have to practice patience and know that sometimes, it takes a while for it to actually happen, especially after you have been under the influence of birth control..
So I convinced Merrill that I should go off the pill a month earlier than planned, just to get it out of my system, so we cold get a "head start"..
We didn't need it.. nope.. not us.
Two days after going off the pill, there she was!
It was two days before our second wedding anniversary, and I had been feeling funky for a while... kind of nauseous, hungry (a lot), craving vegetables at a late hour.. sandwiches?? (I am so not a sandwich person..)
Everyone was telling me that it was too soon.. I was imagining, and hoping too much..
But I decided to take a test.. first thing in the morning, the hormonally concentrated urine... Merrill was still asleep.
It was so hard to wait.
But there they were, those two pink lines..
I was elated!!
I woke up Merrill...
He was in shock, for two days.. he hardly spoke to me.

6 comments:

BookwormMom said...

That's the best...

April said...

Mindy, This is april, crystal sister. your little kids are so beautiful I think they look a lot like you!

Mindy said...

Thanks April!! Merrill would ask if you have taken any drugs or drank lately.. :) He thinks they are ALL HIM!

Emalee said...

Oh I remember you telling me you thought you were pregnant because your pee smelled funny and that is how your mom knew she was pregnant......Well that is how I knew I was :)

Ally0005 said...

Love that story. He hardly spoke to you. That is so funny!!!!

Bonnie said...

That is amazing to, hope someday it will happen that quick for me!