Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...

We don't typically make a huge deal out of Valentine's day... Merrill's philosophy, "We should love each other every day, and show it... the most important day to celebrate our relationship is our wedding anniversary.. the day that binds us together for eternity." So I can't really argue with that.. Every year, I know what to expect, and I am usually stoked to get a card.. well, all except that ONE year, when I was preggers with Ashley. I went hormonal on him for not observing the holiday!! And that was how I knew I was, for sure, pregnant..
So, imagine my surprise today, as I arrive home from delivering some Valentine's, to find a suspicious package on my porch.. suspicious because it says Flowers.com on it..
Wrong address?
Nope..
It's actually addressed to me!?!
Hmmmm...
I brought it inside, and Merrill says as innocently as he possibly can, "So, you have something there..."
So sweet!! I love the note especially...
I teased Merrill saying the dog looks like him.. all puppy-eyed and sorry for the all the years.. ;)
I so love this guy!!
If that didn't put a smile on your face, maybe this will...
The girls and their plot lines while they play dolls...
Today, Prince Charming was in love with two princesses, and they, in return, were both in love with him, well kind of. He apparently asked the wrong princess to marry him. She didn't love him that much.. she said no, and consequently, he died.. of a broken heart, I assume.
Here's the dialogue that followed:
Ash: "Let's pretend that when he died we could see his brains!!"
Lynn: "Okay!"
Both: (crying in their best princess in mourning intimations..)
Ash: In her narrative, monotone flat voice says, "Come RESURRECTED...." Then, in the manliest, most royal voice a 4 year old little girl can muster, says, "I died because you didn't love me and you didn't marry me!!"
They all apologized for their follies, and they lived happily ever-after, with the princess who turned-down the marriage proposal, marrying Batman, the other marrying the Prince (who was really better-off if you ask me..). They have all stayed close friends ever since and do much together..
Have a happy Valentine's Day!!!!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Ha hahaaa... Your girls are a crack-up. Your husband also seems to think he's pretty clever. That's sweet of him.

p.s. I don't know what it is, but I always love the way Lynn's hair looks. Maybe it's the up-do's or the length. I can put my finger on it.

kdance10 said...

That picture of you guys is adoreable. Don't you think it's so funny what girls think of.

Ally0005 said...

Your kids are so funny. I love the one Let's pretend that when he died we could see his brains!!"
Too funny.
What a great gift from your husband and I love this note.

BookwormMom said...

Oh, I love that!!!!!

Zariph and Lisa said...

That storyline is hilarious. I loved making up stories with my barbies when I was younger. I sometimes still get to play with my nieces...Thank you so much for the cute Valentine's gift. I was thrilled to see it waiting for me when I came back home.

stacy said...

hey i found a really cute idea for st.pattys day decoration. lets get together and see if we can re-create it!

Bonnie said...

Love the picture of you and the hubby.

Promise said...

Ash and Lynny...you guys are crack ups! I love how creative (and curious about the brain) you are! Min - sorry I didnt call Saturday, I got busy and just kind of forgot. Anyway, I just printed out letters in outline and cut them out by hand. Thank you so much though! =) Talk to you soon!