Saturday, December 13, 2008

A late thanks...

I have to say thanks to my friend Em..

While we were having a visit the other day, she added to my lame attempt at a "show and teach", which was part of Lynn's "Star" week at school. She had a week of her class focusing on her.. heaven for a five year old. Friday, she was to show and teach her classmates something she had learned. She said that she wanted to teach her class how to spell "love"... I tried to talk her into teaching them how to sign "I love you". Well, I was telling Em all about it, how the girls are obsessed with signing it ALL THE TIME... she enhanced our learning by teaching us to sign "I really love you", what the girls now call "I super-duper really love you"... and "I'll always love you".
Lynn was more excited about her show and teach after I showed her these new signs.
Yesterday, Ash, Pey, and I went to watch her do her show and teach. She did so well! She was so excited, but she spoke clearly and answered all of their questions so well. She even demonstrated how we sign back and forth to each other when it was time for us to leave. So cute... Thanks Em!

5 comments:

Emalee said...

how fun!!! I love that i really love you turns into something different for every child!! :)

GRAMEE said...

and for the child's parents...em's brother and sister in law were signing it across the room in my living room today when they came to pick up their kids..it was so cute.

Ally0005 said...

Oh I love sign. I can't sign that good anymore. I can't believe I was going to try and be a teacher to deaf children.

Promise said...

Min...be sure to tell Lynn thank you for teaching me sign language! I think I will teach the boys that! That video is the cutest! Love ya Lynny!

Natalie said...

What a beauty!! That made my day...Thanks for sharing!