Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This is one to NOT post...

Well, maybe later...
Today Peyton had her 9 month check up. Everything was fine and normal, until Dr. Sutherland went to check her hip joints. He heard a click.
He kept asking me, "Do you hear that?" Which I did. He kept checking it, repeatedly. Then he proceeded to tell me about hip dysplasia.
Basically, her hip could be out of it's socket. It may be coming and going as it pleases. It might just be a fluke. He believes that it is nothing, but to be safe... we have to go to the hospital for an ultrasound on both of her hips. At first, we were going to have to take her to Primary Children's, I was not so happy about that. But he checked and McKay has a pediatric radiologist now, he started there July of this year (what a blessing!). They need to see if it is hip dysplasia, and if her bones have ossified, or hardened. If they have, she'll need surgery to re-set it. Then there will be possibly traction, then a cast, then a brace. If they haven't, it will be a cast, possibly for six weeks, or until her bones do ossify.
Merrill is worried, as he has every right to be. I am trying to teach him faith, by example, again. We'll put her name in the temple Saturday, mom will tomorrow, and Merrill will give her a blessing before I take her in next week. Not to mention all the prayers...
I have a feeling that it is nothing.
But we have to do this tom ensure it is nothing.
Mom said, "Don't iron your clothes until there are wrinkles in them."
I am worried about my happy, very mobile little girl, and her happiness if she is stuck in a cast for up to six weeks.
Yet, I know, that others have it far, far worse. There have also been others who have gone through this before.. it could be worse...
I worry...
Don't iron the clothes...

No comments: