Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday fun...

I got this gem finished just in time...
Before ripping into the gifts...
While ripping into them...
One for each... got them on clearance, 2 for 1, and they love them, so do I. All the fun of a puppy without the chewing, peeing, pooping, and dog food smell... bleh!
Her Dorothy cake. I think I decorated this in less than 15 minutes... it shows, the frosting is bleeding, she is missing her arms... she looks a bit like the Joker... she was delicious.
All in all, had a good day. Went to mom and dad's for lunch. Ate with grandpa W. too. He's so sweet. Peyton was so excited to see him. So was Ash. Those two love to play together. Lunch was yummy! For some reason, it always tastes better when she cooks... we enjoyed the second session of conference together and then ate that mess of a cake.
After the monotony and business of this past week, today was just what I needed. I loved Elder Eyring's talk and have it in my head to be more positive... if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!
As for Merrill... it sure will be weird to have him home, now that the girls and I have our own little set up. Don't get me wrong, we miss the heck out of him, but it feels like it's been so long, it will be weird. He's been crammed full of information, he just prays he'll retain it all.
Cutest conference moment, yesterday, when the primary choir was singing, Hallie, Sophie, Lynn, and Ashley were all singing along too. It was so sweet! Then Lynn had to go and throw in her own made up silly word "conkie" and wreck the sweet mood and turn it into silliness... cute while it lasted though.
Oh... had fun yesterday Jacks! Thanks for breaking it up for me...
I have a blogiversary coming up... watch for a give away :)

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

i wanna taste of dorothy..... positivity, i'm all about it :).... forgot to cut out my leaves! dang it! i'll have to come back soon! fun day, thanks.... glad computer is fine!

Platt Family said...

Sure looks like a fun birthday party!