Thursday, July 10, 2008

My finger is numb...

I don't know if it's because of all the pins I pushed today, or because of my carelessness with hot tools, but my finger is numb.
How I wish I had a camera with a charged battery!!! We had a "Presidency Meeting", which came about because some of us had "needs", you know, the stuff you need your girlfriends for. There was some discussion about primary though... we got some cute hair stuff made. Christie "The Hair Accessory Making Genius" Jefferies, showed us the best little headband that enables me to TRIPLE the use of my bows and hair clips... it's awesome. So I spent a major part of my day making all sorts of bows that I can get more use out of. I also had to make another holder for the back of my bathroom door... pictures to come soon, I promise! So, have you ever had a "disconnect" with your hubby? Some point in time where you need to get back on the same track? Mer and I had one of those. It's been piling up, it doesn't help that the business is so busy this time of the year, and all free time is with the whole fam., not just the two of us.. so we had a breaking point that occurred on our camping trip, in front of my WHOLE FAMILY... I am still a little embarrassed that I lost it so... but we are better! Well, at least working at it! Things are good.
I've been getting "love notes" left on my desktop:Peyton has a new "fun thing" she likes to do now, you know, to get our attention, maybe she's bored (I totally know she doesn't do this on purpose... don't leave me comments like I am dumb...) She rolls around in her crib and gets all crazy flailing about until one of her appendages gets stuck in her crib slats. And then she cries or at least yells at us. This makes ANY NOCTURNAL ACTIVITIES (i.e. anything you would do while other children are sleeping) impossible! (I did say we are reconnecting ;)...) You think you have her asleep and all comfy, just a while later, give her ten or more, she's awake and very stuck!
Needless to say, we were tired this morning.

4 comments:

stacy said...

making bows without me??? how dare you! j/k seriously though you are going to have to show me now you know!

Mindy said...

who else would I have been thinking of when she showed it to me???

Ally0005 said...

I understand about the disconnect. It happens sometimes, been there.
I'll play along with your contest, will see how it goes.

Randee Mayes said...

I'm In!!! Not sure what a tag is, but I'm sure you could clue me in on that one. Sounds fun!!! I'm glad to hear that you and the hubby are doing well. You amaze me by how much you do each day; making bows, planning contests, blogging and taking care of your family. Wow, I'm totally impressed.