Thursday, February 14, 2008

Peyton Marie...

So here she is...21 inches long...
and 8 pounds, 14 ounces...
So here's the whole story...
I wake up, 2:23 am, think I felt a pain, but not sure, because of the night before... do the bathroom thing. Get back to bed in time to have Ash come and tell me that she needs back tickles. I think, okay... I can pay more attention to what that pain was. She's asleep. There's another one. I get up, awkwardly, of course... go downstairs to see if this gets any better, or worse... I switch laundry that I didn't do before we went to bed. There's another one, worse. I turn on the computer to get some pics printed off for Lynn's pre-school project of Freddy. See, I'm thinking that this is pretty serious. I decide that maybe I should call mom. It's 3 am now. She is up, knows it's me, obviously... "Hi hon!" There's a smile in her voice.
"It's time."

"I'm on my way."
I go to get Mer up. It takes a little longer than I thought...
"Mer, it's time."
"Did your water break?"
"Nope, but this is getting pretty intense..."
He's up, Ash is still asleep in the bed. We are gathering last minute items. I forget my rings, which leads to some interesting questions later... He gives me a blessing. I'm feeling good.
I go get the pics to put them in Lynn's backpack. I am a nut... I post...
Mom gets here.
Last minute instructions. Some tears of excitement... Here we go...
Merrill stops at every stop sign and red light. What a good guy. These babies are getting stronger! As we drive down to the ER entrance, I tell him that whatever I said about going natural, I was crazy. The first person I want to see is the anesthesiologist (I spelled that right on the first try!) and they'd better not triage me! We get there and even the security guard knows this is for real.
"Let me guess where you need to go," he says while getting a wheelchair, "4, labor and delivery."
"No, I need stitches." gg (giggle-giggle) I am sooo funny!
I tease him as if he's all knowing, and ask if he knows which anesthesiologist is on call. He doesn't. He wheels me to the L&D desk. Three ladies are there, talking and laughing. He tells them I'm there, and they all turn and look at me, like, yeah, right. They start in with the questions.
"Name... Birthdate... DUE DATE..."
I got quite the look over the top of the glasses when I answered that one.
"Doctor..."
One of them takes me to pee into the awesome little cup, and change. I am having another contraction, I can't pee! I am having enough trouble just getting undressed! The gown has snaps on the sleeves, which are un-done. Yeah, I am ready to wrap it around my body and walk out, this hurts!!!
She has me lay on the little triage bed (yes they were going to TRY to triage me.) and she asks if my water has broken. A little something leaks out whenever I have a contraction. Could that be it? Just a small tear? She tests it, and it's not. She thinks I am crazy... UNTIL she checks me... big smile of satisfaction comes onto my face...
I am a 7 and 1/2.
She talks into her little walkie-talkie thingie. Once I am out, walking to my room let me add, the nurses are a little bit more receptive.
I get into bed, and it hurts. It's like five to four. They are asking questions. I am so pleasant when I am not having a contraction, and then have to answer with nods or shakes of my head when I am having one. I ask the nurse who's the anesthesiologist is, Doctor Silver... LOVE HIM!!! They go to call him and Doctor Bierer. They check me. I am at 8 and 1/2. The questions finally end, the "drug dealer" is there. I am hurting, but poor Merrill!!! I have him hold my hand. He's stressing. I tell Doctor Silver to do whatever he did on the day Ash came. He asks if he's done my epidural before. I told him yes, and what a good job he did. He asks if this is the same dad that was here with me the last time... see, questions...
I have Mer take a pic of me, after the epidural is making me feel good. He is just shaking...
It's 4:12 am now. The nurse checks me. 9 and 1/2 and she can feel my bag of water. Dr. Bierer gets there... boy does HE look tired! There's some chit-chat. Talking about his new pool table... was he playing pool or sleeping? The nurse updates him. He breaks my water, and we are pushing. It's about 4:20 am.
I can't feel a thing! He tells me I am doing so good. I tell him not to lie, it won't make me feel bad, I can't feel anything. He says I am really doing good. Darlene, Mer's mom gets there. Push!!! There's hair! Lots of it! She is so excited. We find out why it's slow go.... a couple of more pushes, she's face up! A couple of more pushes, and she's out! 4:47 am...
They weigh and measure her. I am still so astonished at how much hair this little girl has.
The weight and length come in.
I am shocked!
Two things I was told my body would not be able to do:
1- birth a baby over 8 pounds vaginally
and 2- birth a child who is face-up.
But I had a priesthood blessing. I can do anything!!! (If it's Heavenly Father's will, that is...)
Apparently, the umbilical cord is a record maker...
Phone calls are made. (Brooke's was the funniest!)
The girls come later that morning.
They are too cute. Ashley is going to have to have constant monitoring... she thinks she is a little mom.
We leave that night but don't get out of there till this morning. Guess who's coming as we are leaving...
Dr. Bierer... poor guy!
When I am in a different kind of mood, you can expect a post that will be about insurance companies, and nice little "rant and rave"... paying before we are discharged is not as smooth and organized as one would think. Oh, and I got "the kernel bill" the day before we had our chunk of a little girl too...
Stay tuned! Same bloggin' time. Same bloggin' channel!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

okay those pictures made me cry... i know... what's new! thanks for posting!

Six-Pack Momma said...

I've been waiting all day...don't tell me you had something more important than posting on your blog! ;) She is too adorable! Absolutely perfect! I love the cheeks. Can I eat them?

The whole way home, Julie and I tried to talk each other out of wanting another....I'm afraid it didn't work. What also didn't work was convincing my husband he wanted another!

Dani and Tom said...

Mindy she is beautiful. I can't believe how cute and chubby she is. It too makes me want to have another one and mine is only 6 months old. They change so fast. You and Merrill do good work!

Brooke said...

now I just read your story... and what do ya know... I cried the whole time! Am I'm obsessed about pregnancy/delivery/babies or what?

Ally0005 said...

Oh how cute, you have a beautiful family, love the hair!!!!!!

Rachael said...

Mindy your so cute and so... is peyton. I hope you have tons of fun dolling your little angel up. Your girls are going to be the best big sisters. I'll bet they'll play house and try to pick her up and play with her two.

HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous Pitcher girl!!

Yeah! I am just thrilled for you...I would love to see her...but I'm scared. Germs + Sweet babies = Miserable Mommies.

So I will see her when it is safe.

Much love girl!
Nat

Summer said...

chubby cheeks + lots of hair= cute, cute, cute baby Peyton! by the way, brooke is nuts ;)!

Jenny said...

Yeah! She is adorable and you look great! I am so happy for your family. Congratulations! Keep us posted....

Ashley and Devan said...

She is beautiful! And that hair.. how cute! I love the slideshow! She REALLY makes me want to have another one. Congratulations! Hunter was born face up too.. lots of fun!