Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There's a first time for everything...

So my day was... well... hormonal, crazy, for lack of a better word, Christie...



It started out well enough. I woke up with a sore throat, Ashley woke up flat-out grouchy. I ended-up having one of those "once a trimester" hormonal days... it was great... I even had to cancel on Brooke for my "Ice Cream" photo shoot... you'll see that later, I hope...



I tried to get some house cleaning done. I didn't get very far. Ashley came to me inconsolable. When I finally got her calmed-down enough to speak, she told me that her ear hurt. Great. We have never had an ear-infection. NEVER. See, there is a first time for everything. So I made a doctor's appointment for later in the afternoon, the first I could get. Good thing, no instacare; guaranteed to see a doctor I liked, and less $$$. The Tylenol helped until that time...



We got there, and I love that he always asks (the whole three times we've seen him in almost two years...), if we've ever met before. He always comments how lucky I am that we don't have sick kids. So he starts in with the questions. He teased Ash and asked her if she might have put a kernel in her ear... that got a giggle. He started to ask me more questions I answer them, things about cold symptoms, her breathing, etc. He asks if I am a nurse. He says that I sure talk to him like one! Long story short, everything is fine with her, except for the infection. I got to see it too. He was even more amazed that we've never had an infection. He said that her ear was ready to rupture... see, even better. She hasn't acted the least bit uncomfortable until today. She even slept through the night.



My blessing for the day:




Jaclyn brought me whoopie pies. She didn't even know what I was going through, and she made some and brought them to me! I love it! I am so thankful when people do nice things for what they think is no reason... it totally made my day! Thank Jacks!




I've been tagged again... watch for it... maybe tomorrow... thanks Rach...

3 comments:

jaclyn said...

always happy to help! i hope it's as good as yours! hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Tommorrow will be better. Sorry about the infection. Those are never fun. Buit I am glad you caught it before it ruptured...those are even less fun!

Ally0005 said...

Hope she feels better, I know ear infections are no fun.