Monday, January 7, 2008

A Princess am I...

"I am a Daughter of Royal Birth,
My Father is King of heaven and earth,
My spirit was born in the courts on high,
A Daughter beloved,
A Princess am I."
-Author Unknown

I have had this poem memorized since I was a "Merrie Miss", when my mom was in Young Womens. I used it a few times when I was in Young Womens too. I've even used it in some decorating projects for the girls. But it was in my head this evening as I watched my little girl...
To start, Lynn has really grown to love her own little CD collection. She has "Phantom", her Primary songs, an "Aqua" CD, and most recently, "Scripture Scouts" which my mother-in-law gave to her and Ash for Christmas. She actually told me the story of the Brother of Jared the other day... I was a little worried, there were some kids in my ward growing up, and they were a little cRazY, about their scripture tapes...
Anyway... I found a way to make her even more excited about her CD collection. I got her a little lady bug CD case to help protect them, you know, give them a better home than stacked on her table, or underneath her bed, even though they all have their own cases... Tonight, she came downstairs dressed in her Cinderella dress-up, and brought down with her, her CD player, with her Primary CD of songs for this year. Next, she took a storage bin, turned it upside-down, right in front of Merrill, told him to "watch", pushed "play", and began singing, "I am a Child of God". She knows it so well since they've been learning it in Primary. I tried to slyly get the camcorder and video tape it, but I got busted. This was to be a private show. So I stopped so she would continue. Can you see how the poem came to mind? I wish I could have gotten a picture, but, I guess there was no flash-photography either.
I also bought my first winter coat ever tonight. I also bought some matching yarn to make a beanie to go with it... yep, I'm wacky. I figured it was about time though, I don't know how the nurses at the hospital would feel letting a newborn go home with a mom who isn't wearing a coat... maybe Jen could fill me in on those thought...

1 comment:

BookwormMom said...

As long as the baby's nice and warm and covered, we really don't pay attention. But I'm glad I'm not the only one to hunt up matching yarn for a coat...I made a hat and a scarf. And the color was really hard to find....