Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last night, (yes another prayer story...) Ashley was saying her prayer, she was praying for Peyton, how sweet! She said, "Heavenly Father, help the baby to come soon and help her to grow up just like me." When she finished her prayer, Lynn was mad. She had her arms folded, and the grumpiest look on her face. She stomped her foot and said, "I don't want the baby to grow up like Ash. I want her to grow up just like ME!"
They were so cute at lunch today, they were discussing Halloween costumes for Peyton for NEXT HALLOWEEN... she'll be eight months old then...
Ashley woke me at about 3:30 this morning. She told me that there was a monster in her room. She said, "I promise mommy, there's a monster in my room. Come see." And because it takes me longer to drag my pregnant butt out of bed, she had to tell me to "come on" again. Once we got into her room, I gave it the best look-over I could do being that tired. I told her that there was nothing, there never was, monsters are just pretend... I gave her a kiss and tucked her into bed. As I lay, trying to fall back to sleep, I could hear her fussing around. Then I heard her begin to whimper just a little. Soon she was at my bedside again. "Mommy, the monster is back." So I asked her if she wanted to snuggle with me. I got a tearful "uh-huh" in response. It made for an interesting night. But at least she slept, and so did I, kind of.
This morning I got the best surprise EVER... Lynn and Ash snuck downstairs and cleaned the playroom all by themselves! What sweet girls!

No comments: